It’s every moms dream to have a little girl who loves to dress up and play pretend. I really hit the jackpot with mine!
When Athena requested that her 4th birthday to be a unicorn party I was beyond thrilled!! I jumped right on Pinterest and browsed for hours before she had any time to change her mind.
Scroll on to see all the magic we created…
It took me countless hours and hundreds of pictured and MANY blog posts (just like this one) to decide on just the right color scheme and which direction I wanted to take the party in. but, I’m proud to say it turned out perfect in the end.
Our party was filled with literal unicorn magic, fluffy cloud napkins, magic wands, and every little reason to make sure you believe.
I love theses unicorn wands filled with so much magic they even doubled as our thank you favors. As our guests began to leave they were able to snag the one they wanted off the fence and bring the magic home with them.
A tutorial on how I made these magical wands will be up soon!
Next up the desert table!
We had all the sugar every little kid could ever dream of.
- Chocolate covered strawberries that made the perfect unicorn head – horn made out of fondant.
- Cloud and rainbow sugar cookies – flooded with royal icing.
- Strawberry wafer cookies dipped in white chocolate and rainbow sprinkles
- Waffle cones covered in frosting and various sprinkles to make perfect unicorn horns
- Pink lemonade AKA unicorn tears
- Sprinkled covered marshmallows and chocolate dipped rice crispy treats
- Instead of cupcakes I decided to try something new and made individual mini cakes, each topped with a unicorn sugar cookie (not perfectly pictured but hey, it was my first time)
- And last but defiantly not least almost too cute to eat, the center of the magic, our unicorn cake! Horn completely made out of fondant.
Just when you think the party can’t get any more perfect, the MOST MAGICAL thing happens. A REAL. LIFE. UNICORN. Showed up to surprise the birthday girl and all of our party guests.
I was practically coming out of my skin trying to keep this big of a secret. But, the look on her face and the joy in my heart made it absolutely worth it!
It really was such a magical day for both Athena (the birthday girl) and myself. I was able to live my magical glitter filled dreams through this party and it was everything I could have dreamed about.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you get the magical inspiration you may be looking for. Please if you have any questions feel free to let me know in the comments or reach out directly. Also feel free to leave any of your own magical ideas down below!